Games GDD


Welcome back to my blog!,

The articles that I'm going to be discussing today are Design Considerations by 'Greg Aleknevicus', Prototyping and Generating Ideas. These articles discuss what publishers themselves can do to improve upon a game that does involve spending money on that maybe on things that may be worth it in the long-run. The article states that it is important to show the designers where the game is going. They must give a brief outline of what the designer is planning on doing with their game as they develop it further. They must discuss what their game will look like and it's about getting the main idea of the game across. 
          " prototype is an early sample, model, or release of a product built to test a concept or process or to act as a thing to be replicated or learned from. It is a term used in a variety of contexts, including semantics, design, electronics, and software programming". In this particular case the prototype is used to test out the game-play in a game. By testing the game, this will give the designers the ideas that are necessary on what needs to be added or taken away from the game itself. 
          I found that by reading these articles it gave me a better understanding on how I should go about presenting my prototype at the end of the semester. The article states that when making a prototype to keep it simple. It suggests that when making a prototype to not add in details like, for example; textures and completed designs. It's better to make something that is quite basic in appearance because it will still get the message across. To do this you must apply 'colour coding'. For example, make your characters a neutral colour like blue and make the enemies a more distinguished colour like red. Perhaps give a particular object an outer glow so that the player knows that it's purposeful. You must give the player instructions so that they know what exactly it is that they have to do and make it easy enough so that they can do it by themselves, for example; solving a puzzle.
         Overall I thoroughly enjoyed reading these articles because I found that it really informed me on what exactly is involved when developing a game prototype. I found that I have gained a better understanding of the overall topic and that this will help me in the future. 

Until next time!


Image result for game prototype
A game Prototype image
Source Link
         




Comments

  1. Hi Isabella, I'm happy to see that you understand more about Game Design and Development. I like how you're thinking about presenting your prototype and using the techniques you've learned from these readings. I'm glad you're taking the smart approach. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future something....?

Final Game Design Document

Game Vision Statement