Beta



Sources,  Google images;


In this week's blog, I will be discussing our Beta for the game and what is working and what is going wrong as well as how I'm meeting the targets that were set in the plan for me. This was an important week for the multimedia project as we had an opportunity to showcase all of the work that we have done so far and get some much-needed feedback on it. I think that everything went okay for what we were going for when presenting. Although perhaps we should have more visuals to convey our idea for our game.  My role was 'Asset management' under the level design team. Each week I would collect possible assets that would be used in the game and in the previous week I calculated a possible budget if one was needed. I put the price of every asset that costs money in the list document too. I have managed to stay on track will the targets that were set up for me through the use of the calendar each week. 

What is working is the Asset list and possible budget. This has been completed when required. Although what isn't working is the team for Assets is too small since we may now possibly be designing some textures and assets for the game ourselves. This would be too much work for two people to do. More people may need to be added to the asset management team in order to meet requirements. I know that I would find it quite difficult to design my own textures, assets, etc with just two people in this team, therefore I believe more people should help out with this if we are going to design our own assets.  Next week we will all meet to finalize everything and I will share all of our research and assets finds and creations on my blog to showcase our sixteen+ hours of work every week.


Screenshot of the current basic level
Hopefully, we have a fully functional and astatically pleasing game to showcase by the end of this project. I believe that it can be done and that the difficulties that we have encountered so far will be resolved by the end of this project and module. By the time we come back after the break, I hope to have all the tasks that were needed to be done to be completed. In the coming weeks, I aim to have all the assets that we chose to use implemented into the game as well as any textures or other assets that were created to create a more realistic look and feel to the game. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future something....?

Final Game Design Document

Game Vision Statement