Game Vision Statement

Welcome back to my blog!

Today, I will be discussing my chosen game genre and what the game-play of my game will be like. The genre that I chosen for my game is a children's interactive educational story based game. The style of the game will be simplistic yet, cute meaning that I will have 'cute' looking characters in my game to appeal to children. The game will be colourful and 'animated' looking meaning, it won't have a realistic style to it. I believe choosing this type of style will appeal to my target audience for my game. My game will be story-based which means that the player will choose from a list of choices in response to for example; a question or a route that they may take.
               There will be many interesting tasks and choices that the player must make in order to not bore the player resulting in the player quitting the game before completing it. The game will be very interactive which will  hopefully keep the player interested and invested in playing the game. The choices that the player makes will effect their overall outcome of the game meaning you can get multiple endings. This will make the the game more interactive and intriguing for the player because they get to decide what happens throughout their game-play.
                The game will begin with you choosing from preferably two characters choices that you want to be. Then the player will follow along with a story and they will be given a question in which they will have multiple choice options to choose from. The game will be purely story based and the the outcome of the game will be decided by the player.  On every choice there may be a time limit. After researching  the target audience that I have chosen I feel like there shouldn't be a point at which the player would lose and have to start again because this may be too frustrating for the player. All the possible endings will be different from each other, encouraging players to play again if they didn't get the outcome ending that they wanted.


Image result for interactive story based games
Image representing the style of game that I would like to create

Resource Links:



Comments

  1. Hey Isabel ,Cute characters and overall game design always draws me into a game because I'm a sucker for good art/animation. I can't wait to see your style and how you'll make the characters look. Would be cool if there could be customization if that's a possibility. But the cute concept would be great for kids non the less, really pertains to their interest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Isabel. I really like your idea - read a good few game ideas, and I think you are the only one who is aiming at younger audience, not to mention that you are also the only one making educational game.
    Do you have a general topic for the game? What will the player learn as they play?
    I also like how you used the image from the game Shelter. It has a second game which is even cuter than the first one.
    Anyway, good luck with your game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isabel! I'm really liking the sounds of your game concept anything educational which includes some level of interaction is fun, makes learning way easier I think! I made a children's interactive game for Multimedia Development 2, it was fun to design! Are you designing your characters and assets from scratch? Anyway, can't wait to see the game all finished :) best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future something....?

Final Game Design Document