Unity Free Tutorials


Image result for unity logo
Unity Technologies Logo
Sources; Google Images

This week I will be discussing different unity tutorials that I watched in relation to my project. I did this because I felt that it would help guide me in my progress during creating my game and implementing different features and elements. This week we were asked to watch any Unity tutorial that would help us with creating our game for our  project. For this week I watched the following:

Sources; YouTube

I found that after I watched this tutorial I felt, that I had a better understanding of how to implement a game 'timer', in my game. I looked up this specific tutorial because I want to implement a timer in my game when players are on 'hard' mode' which, is directed at the higher up age category demographic that I'm shooting for. I found this tutorial really helpful and I feel confident enough to now implement a game timer in my game on a specific game mode. The voice over was spoken very clearly and I found it easy enough to follow along with the tutorial in Unity and with few errors. 

Sources; YouTube


I decided to find out how to create a 'mini-map' feature for my game for my project. I was going to make a game map and not a mini map but after reading some forums on Unity I discovered that making a game map that indicates where your player is and what level that they are on is more intermediate level stuff and not really beginner friendly. I'm unsure whether I will continue to keep and implement my idea of game map in my game as I just recently learned that it would be tricky for me to do as a beginner. I found this tutorial quite easy enough to follow along with when creating my final game. I found it clear and simple enough to understand and I made it through the tutorial with few errors and no headaches either. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future something....?

Final Game Design Document

Game Vision Statement