MD2 Week 10

Screenshot of exterior buildings pack
Sources, my own image, unity store;



In today's blog, I will be discussing the research that I have conducted with regard to assets. I have compiled a document of all the assets that I have found up to this point and I included the assets that Nathan found in the document as well. This week I focused on finding specific assets and I have to find exterior buildings that would be suitable to include in our game. First I researched what type of buildings would work for the game. Once I did that, I found quite a few buildings that would be suitable as well as some other assets too. Some of the assets were free while others you had to pay for but, I made sure to keep the price under ten euro as the budget has yet to be set, if needed. I did find some really good assets that would work quite well for the game. The image above will showcase one of the free assets that I found for exterior buildings that were really good. I found this, in particular, to be a good one to use because it gives you multiple suitable buildings for the game and it's free. 

My role for the project has slightly changed because now there is no separate group just for assets instead I'm under 'Level Design'. I'm in charge of overseeing all the assets that will or may be implemented into the game. I will keep a record of all the assets that I found and the ones that others have found as well as taking note of what ones that are actually being used in the game. For this week I focused on finding exterior buildings for the game, asset prices, adding to the asset list and a budget if needed. 

Here are the assets that I found this week: (these were added to the main asset list)

        Week 10:


Pay






·      Exterior building:




Free







Research:

Examples of buildings during this time - 

GPO during 1916
Sources, Google images;

Building Ruins during 1916
Sources, Google images;

Building during 1916
Sources, Google images;

Comments

  1. Hey Isabel,
    I can see how much work you've been putting in for this project and its so great. The research you have conducted the past few weeks has given me a great understanding of the project itself. I like the houses you have chosen from the assets store I thin they go really well with the theme of the game, they look exactly like the houses that where around during the 1916 rising. I m looking forward to seeing how the project turns out in the end I'm excited to be able to play the game and see how the research plays into it. keep up the great work !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isabel,
    That seems like a fun role you have for this big group project, I can tell that you've taken your time to find the most appropriate assets for this game. I really like all the different houses you've chose its given me a great insight as to what the final game might look like! As always the assets that you have to pay for look very effective, but I think that even the free ones would work just as well as you can still get that feeling that you are going back in time from them. I think when they are all brought together it will look really well and I look forward to seeing it and playing the game, good luck in the rest of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Isabel,
    Good job finding so many assets for your project, some of the buildings you could do yourself, because they don't look too difficult. Its 3 hours job instead of 5 dollars, but I know it isnt your job to produce the assets. You did your job, so fair play for that, but I will suggest to try and find more assets, maybe some nature like trees, plants, bushes, etc to keep up your work hours for the module.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future something....?

Final Game Design Document

Game Vision Statement