MD2Final GDD


In todays blog, I will be discussing what my role is in the project since the roles have been altered and I will go through what I have produced for the project so far. On Wednesday and Thursday we had a meeting in which we sorted out our roles, storyline of the game, character creation, art style, assets etc. Some roles in the group have been changed because we only have a limited amount of time to create the game. I will now be working closely along with the art group and with James and Chris. The group will now be meeting with each other every Thursday and possibly on Wednesdays if needs be. This is where we work together and to discuss the project further.

My role for our game is asset management. I have to find suitable assets for the game and keep note of the ones that I find. I first researched what type of architecture, vehicles, streets were around during this time. I did this in order to find assets that are historically accurate for this time period. I did find it difficult to find suitable assets for a couple of reasons. It was very limited in terms of assets that are suitable for this period in time. There were some assets that I believe would work quite well but they came at a high price.  Therefore, I divided the list into two sections one section was for free assets that would be suitable for the game and the other section was assets that we would have to pay for. The ones that you pay are noticeably better but, I did find good free ones too. I made sure that the ones that you pay for would be no more than a certain amount as the budget for the game has not yet been finalised. 

Since the roles have been changed for the game, I am now in a group with two other group members working on asset management together. Once the document containing all the assets both free and not free were completed along with images of architecture during this time etc I uploaded and shared it to our 'Slack' page. I did this so everyone in the group could view what I have found in terms of assets as of yet. As some of the roles in the group have changed the GDD will be slightly different compared to the proposed GDD. I will only be discussing my role and what I have contributed. This is not the full GDD, this is just outlining my role and showing what I have done to contribute towards the game. 

Here is a link to our final GDD: https://vimeo.com/325028075 (some roles have changed since this)

Here is my Asset Document:



Free:
















Pay:


















Research:

Architecture during this time –


1916 Rising
Sources Google images;

1916 Rising
Sources Google images;



 The different types of vehicles that were used – 

1916 Rising
Sources Google images;

1916 Rising
Sources Google images;




1916 Rising
Sources Google images;


Comments

  1. I'm really excited to see this project when its all done!
    I think all the assets look really well and fit the project perfectly, looks like you have a good section of assets and have put a lot of time into finding ones that will work and give the look you want. Its good to see the group work out the roles and distribute them well, it will help the project flow so much smoother. The GDD has lots of good info and I can see what you guys are going for exactly. I'm interested to see how everyone gets on and see the development of the game as it goes on for the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isabel, I see your part of the 1916 rising game group project, it’s nice to see how it’s panning out, making and finding assets can be a tricky business but it’s a lot of fun to create things to go inside of a game, for me I enjoy making things come to life and it all starts with the visuals, finding good free ones can be a pain which is why I would suggest maybe creating some of them yourselves like I’m sure there is tutorials on how to do that, I’m looking forward to seeing how the project progresses and how things will develop from a group stand point as it’s going to require a lot of organisation, I love that it’s also coming from Irish history when everything started to change for the Irish and how we became who we are today, I wish you all the best of luck and I hope you manage to finish it as I would love to see it done

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future something....?

Final Game Design Document

Game Vision Statement