Week 8 Reading & Writing

This week we had to reflect on how the reading and writing tasks have been going for us. Overall they have been going very well for me. I find them to interesting and easy to do. I never find the reading and writing tasks difficult but I do find them time consuming. I dislike that it takes me a while to write up one blog post for the reading and writing task for each week because I already have a lot of work to do every day therefore, it can become overwhelming at times to get the blog post finished in time. 
          So far I found reading through articles about developing games to be quite interesting and relevant to this module. I feel that those type of readings are quite informative because I gain a better understanding of the topic and I can apply what I learn to the creating and development of my game. I also enjoyed reading the 'mindfulness' articles and the 'growth mindset' readings. I found these to be interesting to read about because it informed on what my type of mindset is and how I used it to apply to my everyday life. I found it to be really intriguing discovering more about my type of mindset and I also enjoyed reading about mindfulness and why it is very important to think about and adapt it into your personal life. 
      I do feel that reading and writing about what I have learned and discovered from the game elements articles has enabled me to gain a better understanding of the developing process of creating a game and implementing various features. After reading and writing up blog posts about what I have read, I feel that it does really help you with the development of your game and understanding how certain things work. It can also provoke new and interesting ideas or features that you could implement into your game. I feel that by doing these readings it has helped me to develop my game further. I have learned new research strategies by doing these readings and writings each week. I have learned that reading through articles based on a certain topic and summarizing your thoughts can really aid you later on. 
       Currently I'm doing better with my game development. I did have a few set backs by making silly mistakes but now that I have overcome them I feel that I'm in a better spot to continue developing my game. I'm still struggling with some features, for example; understanding and using Fungus Plugin. It not that it's not simple to use but rather that it's tricky to follow some tutorials that they have because they tend to skip steps that are necessary to use the plugin properly. I believe that my biggest accomplishment for this class has been my GDD (Game Design Document) I feel that with the amount of time that I spent on it and the amount of research that I did for it was really good. I feel that I did a good job for that task and I feel that it perfectly reflects exactly what I want to include in my final game. It shows the client exactly what they will be getting and it's written in terminology that the client would easily understand. Overall I feel that my GDD was done very well and I'm personally happy with it. 
      One way that I could get more out of doing the reading writing exercises is offering multiple topics to choose from. Meaning that there could be different topic choices and then within those a multiple readings relating back to that topic. I feel that by having this it might encourage me more to do the readings and writing enthusiastically rather then trying to get them done on time and not really taking in fully what I'm reading about.  


Image result for my opinion
My Thoughts, A reflection;
Sources Google images;

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future something....?

Final Game Design Document

Game Vision Statement