Alpha

In today's blog I will be discussing the current development of my Alpha game, so far I have an 'Introduction' scene and a level that follows one characters' journey from start to end. My game is slowly beginning to get to where it should be. I have recently created an 'Ending' scene to this level also. I will discuss the challenges I faced creating this 'Alpha' game, what worked and didn't work!

Issues include; the 'Start' button not appearing or functioning and and the scenes not building or playing in sequence. When I go into 'play' mode, the scenes don't appear in the correct sequence. However, all the dialogue and interactions between the characters are completed for this level, through the use flowcharts. I will include screenshots of my flowcharts, below.

I am hoping to create at least three levels for this game but in order to do this, I will need to solve the technical problems above. On completion of the development of this game, I hope to have all technical problems solved.

Based on my plan, outstanding work includes: 

  • creating two more levels
  • Fixing sequence issue with scenes
  • Fixing any errors in the flowcharts
  • Fixing any bugs in 'play' mode
  • Fixing the 'start' button in the introduction scene
Here are some screenshots of my Alpha game in Unity: 

Developing game, showing some scenes;
Sources,  My own image;

Screenshot in 'play mode' on one scene;
Sources, My own image;

One of my flowcharts;
Sources, My own image;

Screenshot of some of my scenes;
Sources, My own image



Comments

  1. Hi Isabel! I see you are using Fungus for your dialogues... How is that going for you? I tried working on it too, but it's not quite what I expected it to be... Or maybe I'm doing something wrong, hard to say.
    Your game looks pretty good so far, though the screenshots are more on a technical side, rather than what the player will see... Will it be just a 2D game with different options, kind of like visual novel games? That could be quite cool actually, but would require a lot of character expressions and scenery...
    Anyway, its looking great, so keep up the work! I'm very curious what will come out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Isabel,

    Wow your game is looking really impressive and it looks like your making great progress. The visuals for your game are incredible and I love the idea of your game. Your game seems really unique I haven't seen any game like this from all the blogs I have read so far. I can't wait to see what the final game is like and what you add onto your levels.

    Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Isabel,
    Wow! just Wow!
    I enjoyed reading your blog and getting to understand how your game is going and your progress. First impression look on your game is just amazing, it looks really impressive. I really liked your second screenshot. Looks very good and the image is very vivid. It reminds me of when I used to play pokemon games. Anyway good luck with your progress. I'm sure you will do great. Can't wait to see how your game will turn out next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Isabel,
    Your game is turning out amazing, you have really been putting a lot of hard work into it and its showing off spectacularly. I remember reading your vision statement and thinking about how you'll be able to do everything you set out to do in our short time frame, but you achieved so much its crazy. Im really looking forward to seeing your game when its completely finished its going to be so fun and have really good graphics I'm sure. keep up the good work, Im so jealous of how you game is coming along just keep going :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future something....?

Final Game Design Document

Game Vision Statement