Unity Free Tutorials

In this blog post I will be discussing what tutorials that I followed to help me implement new elements into my game. So I thought to myself, what features does my game require that I'm unsure how I would go about incorporating them into my game? Well I know last week I discussed about using a game timer in my game on the puzzle questions. I thought that my game would need to have a music playing backing track for my game. So, I looked up tutorials online on how to add music into my game. I also had to find and choose the right type of music for my game because the music must suit the scene as well as attempting to evoke a certain type of mood in the player. Here is the tutorial that I found on YouTube: 


I found this tutorial to be very helpful in guiding me to have a music backing track in my game. I now have a music backing track in my game and also in the my introduction scene too. I chose to use a specific music track clip because I felt that this suited my themed level which was, 'Fantasy Forest'. I will upload an image below showing that my game has a backing track to it. 

Screenshot of my commands in Unity
Sources; My own image

Another element that I wanted to incorporate into my game was to have an introduction scene at the beginning of my game. This means that when the player begins the game it will open up with the introduction and then it will move onto the next scene once the player presses start or begin. I looked up how I would add an introduction scene into my game because I wanted to make sure it would look a certain way. Here is the tutorial that I followed in order to do this: 


After following this tutorial I had gotten a lot of errors because the tutorial uses an asset from the Unity Asset store. The errors were stating that there were multiple folders with the same name. This isn't my fault. I really don't know how to fix this but I cannot enter play mode until I fix these errors. Anyways, I will have an image below showing the progress that I made with this tutorial up to the point where I got a ton of errors. I found the tutorial easy to follow but I just wish I didn't get any errors from it.

Screenshot of my play button for intro scene
Sources; My own image




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future something....?

Final Game Design Document

Game Vision Statement