Learning Challenge: The biology of Positivity

I will be discussing the blog post, "The biology of positivity", by Laura Gibbs.The blog post states that, "this notion of "positivty" overlaps with growth mindset in powerful ways. Instead of focusing on the negative (making mistakes, etc.), you can train your brain to look at mistakes as useful information that you can use for your own learning".  I have to say that this is very true but also difficult to do. I completely agree with this statement but I personally would find this difficult to do but that being said I'll try to change my outlook on only focusing on negatives and instead focus on using any mistakes that I have made and using them as useful steps that will enable me to be a better learner.
          The blog offers very helpful tips for being positive and having a positive mindset. Here is what tips it gives you:

  • Take a break and look at something different. Savor the calm. 
  • Look for good things in small moments.
  • Look for and talk about the good traits of others.
  • Exercise.
  • Be persistent, knowing that change takes time.

I find these specific tips very helpful for me and everyone else because they are quite general and most people would be able to relate and understand them. Overall I found this blog to be quite helpful and the video to be quite engaging. I will try to incorporate some of these tips into my everyday life.

Image result for positive ideas
Source Link

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future something....?

Final Game Design Document

Game Vision Statement