Unity Tutorial 01

After watching both tutorials of  'Unity3D', I am looking forward to making and designing a game for this module. I am excited to see whether I really enjoy making a game or not. My first impressions are that it looks to be quite complicated to use but it also looks very interesting too. I hope that I will be able to create a functional and aesthetically pleasing game that I adore and one that others will enjoy too. Once I had downloaded 'Unity3D' engine, I launched it and I began to start to follow along with the tutorials. 
           I learned that at the bottom of the screen we have a project window where we will store all of the assets. An asset is defined as something that we can bring into the game such as a game object, a texture and a script. Most of the time because Unity is a visual engine we can drag and drop things into the game. I also learned how to make a terrain which is like a large white sheet which, is meant to be amazing because you can  use this as a landscaping thing. While following along with the tutorials, I then learned how to create a mountain or dips in the terrain for the lakes. I started off by selecting the object 'terrain', then I picked a type of brush to use and I altered the brush size and the opacity to whatever I needed it to be. Once I had selected the size that I wanted, to make the mountain I needed to click to raise and to make a dip in the terrain for a lake I only need to press shift and click to lower it. I thought that it would be difficult  to do but it wasn't as difficult when I was trying it out in 'Unity3D'.
           Next I learned about adding textures into 'Unity3D', which seems pretty tricky to do but, I'd say it gets easier the more times you do it. The website JV Unity had a file with few textures that you can simply download and use for free. All you have to do is firstly download the file and drag or import it into your 'Unity3D' project that your working on.Once I had  imported the texture I have to change it to a material and to do that I had to create a normal map, duplicate the texture that I was  going to use. I then re-named it to "N" for normal because it makes it easier to know  why I had duplicated it. Then I went  to edit the texture and drag and drop the original texture to the 'smoothness' box and I set the normal map to normal and then I  just clicked apply. When I had done all that I  would have more detail going on in the game.
          Overall I really enjoyed watching the two tutorials that are an introduction to 'Unity3D'. I found them both very helpful and informative to listen to and view. I feel like I have gained some knowledge on some basics on 'Unity3D' engine. I'm really looking forward to see what I can create and develop in 'Unity3D'.

Image result for excited
This image is expressing my excitement after first time use of  'Unity3D'.

Source Link




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a future something....?

Final Game Design Document

Game Vision Statement